The base work is the existing Tuleap Git Branch Source jenkins plugin that already provides a first level of integration between the 2 tools.
The purpose of this story is to make it fully functionnal in a production environment:
- Unify credentials management to replace using basic auth for REST and git usage (because it's consume too much resources).
- Need a tuleap self-check scopes for a given key
- Add a dedicated endpoint to be used for git push triggers
- On Tuleap side, there must be a configuration project wide (git) to trigger events on the target jenkins.
- All configuration means must be compatible with Jcaas to automate deployments
- Clean-up code base
- How lifecycle of git repo/branch is managed ?
- In traditional "Git Branch Source" plugins, jenkins polls the remote organisation (in our case Tuleap project) on regular basis to identify new repositories/branches and create corresponding jobs.
- Is that possible to have a push based approach where Tuleap would notify the target Jenkins about changes ?
- How the configuration Tuleap <-> Jenkins is done ?
- At very least there must be a info about the target Jenkins server in Tuleap project to trigger builds on push
- Do we limit the configuration to "push" or do we have a more generic "Target Jenkins Server(s)" approach that could be later reused for other purpose (like more comprehensive management of the target Jenkins) ?
- Prepare work for PR feedback integration (spike & complete AC of story #14430)