The targeted rendering can be see on codepen.
It comes with a new user preference where one can choose:
- Absolute date (relative is in the :hover)
- Relative date (absolute is in the :hover)
- Absolute first (relative is in small on top or next when inline)
- Relative first (absolute is in small on top or next when inline)
In this first step, this new user preference is used where relative dates are used:
- In Tracker (artifact views, modal, table renders, card fields, tooltip cross references)
- In Agile Dashboard
- Planning modal only (cardwall and homepage modal is excluded)
- In Document
- In legacy docman
The site administrator has a way to define what is the platform default as well as reset all user preferences.
Pitfalls and limitations
As of today, it's not clear if this preference should be applied to all display of dates like: