This introduce a "Scaled Agile" front-end app that is very close to what existing "Planning" app does but with enough differences to need a dedicated app.
The goal of this app is to manage planning of Features in Program Increment and, later one to see how User Stories go in Team's Iterations.
At this stage, the app will:
- Show Features that are ready for implementation (explicit backlog flag) on the left hand side of the screen
- Allow creation of Program Increment (with mirrored milestones propagation in Teams)
- Allow to drag'n drop Features in Program Increment
- When a feature is dropped in a P.I., in downstream teams, corresponding User Stories will be planned in the mirrored milestones P.I.
For instance, Given
- Feature "F-1" in "Program P-1" project
- User Story "US-1.1" in "Team Red" project
- User Story "US-1.2" in "Team Blue" project
- Program Increment "P.I. 1" in "Program P-1" project
- "P.I. 1" mirrored milestone in "Team Red" project
- "P.I. 1" mirrored milestone in "Team Blue" project
- "F-1" is dragged'n dropped in "Program P-1"
- "US-1.1" is planned in "P.I. 1" mirrored milestone in "Team Red" project
- "US-1.2" is planned in "P.I. 1" mirrored milestone in "Team Blue" project
The reverse operation is also supported:
- Allow drag'n drop from "Program Increment" back into backlog
- This is not possible is one of the downstream user story is already planned in an Iteration (sub milestone).
- There is no "further protections" on planned User Stories in Team, that is to say that a Team can choose to move a User Story in another Program Increment (mirrored or not) or back in the Backlog so there will be an incoherence between what is planned in the Program and what is planned in the Teams. From a pure functional point of view it has no direct consequences, at the end of the day it means that the Feature will have a story that is not completed or completed as part of another P.I.
- Further protection might be added later on but that cannot be done in place with Planning view ATM.
- For the "removal" part, as there is no "sub-milestone" (Iterations) yet, the check for "sub-planning" is not done at this stage and will be implemented when Iterations will be added
- The scrum part of Agile Dashboard is desactivated