Tuleap currently has two ways for building its RPM packages:
- for packages located in the main repository an image called enalean/tuleap-buildrpms is used after the "preparation phase"
- for packages located outside of the main repository they each have their own way, most of them use a Docker image based on Ubuntu to prepare the sources and build the packages
It would be interesting to reuse and build upon the work done in request #18503:
- reusing the same environment means we do not need to maintain (or keep it in a somewhat working state to be more exact with what's currently happening...) a set of images, accessing the Nix based environment is the only needed thing
- it helps to get a reproducible build since our Nix based environment is pinned to a specific version
- for the external packages the same exact tools will be used to test and to package the packages meaning that we will actually test what we deliver
- we reduce a bit what we need to download for each build, the build environment is a bit bigger but that still far less than a whole Docker image dedicated to that