With the introduction of the new, unified, way to deal with artifact links in the tracker modal, the management of parents became more complex.
Previously, there was a dedicated dropdown with the parents directly available. Now users need to:
- Understand that they need to switch from "Link" to "Parent" in artifact links (1 click)
- Then select the parent (1 click)
- The select "Add link" (1 click)
Something that was done in 1 click now need 3.
In order to simplify this and while the manipulation of links in the modal remains mostly centered on parent, this story propose that:
- For trackers that belongs to a hierarchy (either of tracker or through Program Management) have "Parent" link type selected by default (instead of "Linked to") when no parent is already set.
- When an artifact is selected, it's automatically added to the list without the need of "Add link"